Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 month maternity contract
Working Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for our client, a construction company, based in Whitstable.
- Check invoices clearly differentiate the labour and material element, collate and process invoices ready for CIS deductions filing in the monthly billing periods.
- Collate UTR numbers from subbies and maintain CIS database.
- Send all CIS deduction invoices to accountants for the billing period.
- CIS statements to the sub contractors as per HMRC guideline
- Chase outstanding applications and submit invoices requests to the sub contractors.
- Process all invoices on the accounting system by checking against the PO.
- Raise all sales invoices and send to Finance Director
- Update & monitor overhead tracker and invoices to include petty cash, staff expenses and millage
- Process all invoices in a timely manner ready for the VAT submission
- Check all invoices have allocated VAT correctly
- Process purchase orders for all projects
- Keep records of all hire items and make sure Site Managers off items not needed on site
- Keep O&M trackers for all projects
- Keep a track of all subcontractors orders against invoices and variations.
- Securely file the invoices ready for submission into the valuations by the Accounts Assistant
- Book Keeping or Accounts Assistant Experience
- Experience in Xero or SAGE
- Competent in all Microsoft packages including excel
- Qualified to AAT Level 3 or have relevant experience
Whilst experience within the construction sector would be desirable, this isn’t essential.
This is a 12 month maternity contract working 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. This is paying a salary of circa £20,000 – 24,000 dependant on experience.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Accounts Assistant please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs