Audit Senior – Practice
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: asap
Working Hours: 8.30 - 5.30 pm
Holidays: 20 + Bank Holidays
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 p/a
We would still very much welcome suitable applicants for this role.
This role is being advertised by The Red Eagle Group (Agy). Please apply into Robin in the 1st instance.
Modern, and growing firm of Chartered Accountants based in North Kent servicing clients across Kent, and London is keen to recruit an experienced audit senior.
The Audit Senior will be the key member of the fieldwork team. They will be the first point of contact for the client during fieldwork and will be responsible for managing and assisting the audit team on-site. They will also be responsible for keeping the Partner up to date on the status of the fieldwork.
As an Audit Senior, you will:
– Maintain and develop your technical ability by attending webinars and keeping abreast of technical development;
– Identify key audit risks based on the background knowledge thorough research, preliminary results and discussions with the client, and ensure appropriate work is done to address those;
– Review audit working papers of junior members of the team during fieldwork;
– Lead fieldwork teams on larger or higher risk audit clients;
– Prepare draft accounts and review disclosures in reference to the applicable checklist;
– Be the first point of contact for the client whilst on-site and ensure any remaining queries are dealt with promptly even after the fieldwork has ended;
– Identify any areas of weakness in the clients system & controls and make reasonable recommendations for improvements;
– Keep the manager informed of any issues that arise with the client, i.e. copying them in to all emails;
– Discuss/agree any potential audit journals with the client during fieldwork;
– Raise any potential time overruns with the manager as they are identified;
– Be responsible for clearing review points and addressing any follow up queries until the date the audit report is signed.
Person Specifications Experience/Skills Desirable People Skills
– Be approachable to members of the audit team;
– Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.
Leadership – Lead by example and instil a sense of professionalism in the audit team;
– Manage the fieldwork team, allocating the appropriate level of work to more junior members of staff;
– Provide timely and constructive feedback to the audit fieldwork team. Client Service
– Maintain objectivity, professionalism and independence in client relationship;
– Discuss difficult/contentious matters with the client directly on-site;
– Present yourself in a professional manner to the client at all times, including being appropriately dressed and communicating in an appropriate manner.
Team Player – Be an integral member of the audit group by participating in group activities;
– Support less experienced members of the team as required.
For further information on this or indeed any other Practice role then please do not hesitate to contact Robin at the Red Eagle Group. Red Eagle is acting as an agency in respect to this role.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs