Catering Assistant (Barista)
Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Catering Assistant for our client based in Ashford.
- Provide a courteous and efficient catering service to patients, staff and visitors, optimising the productivity of the retail outlets.
- Prepare and/or serve food to customers in a professional and courteous manner. Optimising retail sales and demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Cleaning of catering and service equipment including floors, work surfaces, and related equipment manually and by use of machine to hygiene standards.
- Assist in the delivery of the function and vending service within time constraints and meeting stated requirements.
- Operate a cash register and handle cash in a safe and efficient manner.
- To maintain food safety and hygiene standards in your work area and apply the food safety procedures applicable in work area.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in line with Health and Safety, Quality and Company policies and procedures and all documentation and work records are completed accurately.
- To correctly use and take care of all equipment and materials associated with tasks and immediately report any faults to a supervisor.
- Store goods correctly and use stock on a rotational basis to optimise sales and minimise food wastage.
- Participate as a full member of the team, e.g. supporting and training other staff, participating in team meetings, working flexibly as required to cover other members of the team.
- Basic skills training, e.g. Food preparation, Basic Food Hygiene
- Requires full knowledge of working practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements including infection control and Food Hygiene
- Good Communication Skills, e.g. communicating with customers and colleagues
- Good Customer Care Skills, e.g. for communicating with customers and increasing retail spend
- Completing of mandatory training, e.g. manual handling/risk assessment/fire safety training
- Able to work to agreed standards and follow work instructions
Pay is £8.21 per hour, and is paid weekly, a week in arrears. Working days are 5 out of 7, working between 12noon and 8pm weekdays, and 10.30am – 6.30pm on weekends. This is an on-going temporary role, expected to run for a minimum of 6 months.
In order to be considered for the role, we would require the reference details for the past 3 years of employment.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Catering Assistant please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs