Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Ashford, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Initially 3 months
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £10.90 per hour
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Chef for our client, based at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford.
- To produce dishes in line with agreed menus for retail& function & patient feeding (Special Diets) operations to the required standards
- To maintain food safety, cleanliness and hygiene standards within the department and ensure that all work is carried out in line with Health and Safety,
- To monitor and maintain food presentation to the required standard within the retail operation.
- To comment on and where possible contribute to menu planning and service development within the catering department
- To maintain portion control and assist in stock ordering and ensure all operational practices are undertaken to budgetary constraints
- To correctly use and take care of all equipment and materials associated with tasks and immediately report any faults to a supervisor.
- Undertake other ad hoc duties as prescribed by manager and within scope of skill and capability
- Supervise and mentor other staff as required for their development and effective running of the retail kitchen
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ Level 1or 2 in Food production or equivalent
As this role in based in a hospital, it is essential that you hold a valid DBS certificate. Before starting the role, we would need to obtain the past 3 years’ worth of employment references, along with a character reference.
This is a temporary role, initially for 3 months with a variety of shift patterns working 5 days out of 7. Pay is £10.90 per hour, paid weekly a week in arrears.
To find out more, and be considered for the Chef role, please apply with your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Sittingbourne: 01795 519000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs