Chief Accountant to 70K
Location: North Kent
Working Hours: Mon to Fri
Salary: to 70,000 pa
Red Eagle Recruitment is looking to recruit a Chief Accountant for our Manufacturing Client. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual, who has career aspiration and capable of driving through change. Must have exceptional analytical skills and extremely accurate in processing high volume figures on a daily basis. The T/O for the site is 150 Mil and has a permanent headcount of over 1,000.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter along with your up to date CV.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Reporting into the CFO you will manage all aspects of financial management of the company, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, and to work closely with the CFO, General Manager and operational staff to maintain accurate product costings and to improve profitability by identifying, and tackling, inefficiencies and waste in the production cycle.
Key duties: –
- Manage all financial operations of the company including reporting, invoicing, cash management, stock control, sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and fixed assets
- Manage the Finance Department to ensure the resource available is utilised as efficiently and effectively as possible. –
- Provide financial and commercial support to the management team & CFO
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting and ensure the integrity of the ledgers and associated systems.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts & reporting packs.
- Investigate and report variances
- Prepare year-end audit pack
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts
- Work closely with the Financial Manager, commercial and operational staff to ensure all products have accurate and up to date Manufacturing Instructions and Bills Of Materials
- Continuous monitoring and auditing of sales prices and margins, both quoted and actual.
- Publish daily/weekly/period production profitability, yield, variance reports etc. to improve the information available to support decision making.
- Use the reports to identify, and implement, improvements to increase profit margins, improve efficiencies, reduce waste etc.
- Ensure that financial controls are in place across the factory and are adhered to.
- Ensure that controls of stock management, recording and reporting are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory issues.
Experience working within FMCG
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs