Director of External Payroll (London & South East)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Location: South East & London
Working Hours: TBC
Salary: Competitive package DOE
To find out more about this opportunity with our client. Please contact Red Eagle on 01303 851133 or send an up to date CV for us to make contact with you.
Director of External Payroll Service.
This role is a full time position, and task orientated rather than hours based.
Client Payroll Service
Across all offices (London & South East)
The prime objective of this new role within the firm will be to increase the fees generated by our Client Payroll Service in line with senior management plans over the next 5 years. We would expect this to be achieved by internal growth and new work recruitment while increasing the contribution by evaluating the working arrangements of the team.
Main Duties and responsibilities
The following are typical of the responsibilities that our new Payroll Director will be expected to carry out on the firm’s behalf. They should not however be confused with your prime objective to increase the fees generated by the Service over the next 5 years:
- Coordinating efforts and leading direction to comply with Firms overall strategy, whilst meeting clients’ objectives, financial and non-financial targets for the service line;
- Being responsible for the teams across two offices and encourage and develop an environment where the staff are motivated, challenged and effective;
- Liaising with partners and staff to improve our client service offering and identifying where payroll could be offered to existing clients;
- Managing the availability of staff across the whole team;
- Having direct contact with the clients and third parties, by initiating and attending meetings where appropriate;
- Providing specialist advice to clients and potential clients on the wide range of payroll matters, either directly or from within the team;
- Constructing and undertaking marketing presentations to various audiences;
- Being responsible for technical research and technical writing to assist the firm in marketing to clients and prospects;
- Coordinating the firm’s response to enquiries raised by HMRC, where necessary liaising with client service teams;
- Coordinating an appropriate response to more complex client or third-party queries and correspondence;
- Coordinating a prompt response to technical payroll enquiries from partners and staff;
- Assisting clients with one-off assignments on a commercial basis;
- Assist with the future development and growth of members of the team.
- CIPP Degree qualified or equivalent;
- Professional experience of running an external payroll service offering;
- Expertise in UK Taxation of employed income;
- Expertise in the payroll aspects of the UK pension legislation in respect of employees;
- General knowledge of the HR aspects of employment legislation, especially with regard to their impact on clients’ payroll procedures.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
The following qualities are desirable:
- Be capable of leading a large team across multiple sites (currently some 25 staff);
- Be able to work alongside partners and other senior colleagues;
- Good communication skills, both internally and with clients and prospects;
- Be capable of putting across their point of view while listening and accepting alternative views from others;
- Have experience of building a dynamic and proactive client focused service;
- A driven, self-starter attitude;
- Commercial awareness, solution focused and prepared to challenge the current status quo;
- Must have own transport.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs