Goods In/Despatch Area Leader
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Working Hours: Sunday - Thursday - Flexibility Required (No Nights)
Salary: £22,500 - £25,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit a Goods In/Despatch Area Leader, for our client in the Bedfordshire area.
Working for a well-established Food Producer, your main purpose within this role will be responsibility for the day to day functioning of the GID team along with really bringing the best out of your team.
- Ensure all Team Members are working safely to standards and practises. Exercise accountability and responsibility through a duty of care for those activities undertaken by Team Members.
- Practice and encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health and Safety at all times in your area(s) and ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to these high safety standards. Demonstrate a commitment at all times to employee safety across your area(s).
- Assist the GID Manager in driving through a culture change within the GID department with an unwavering focus on Health and Safety and Product Quality. Champion a culture of ‘zero’ injuries, ensuring all team members are educated and trained in the fundamentals of Health and Safety.
- Take ownership of a Continuous Improvement World Class Manufacturing program within your area(s).
- Develop an excellent close working relationship with the GID Manager, Technical Leader, the Hygiene Leader and the QA Leader.
- Ensure effective positive communication across your team and with other departments. Ensure all Health & Safety concerns, equipment breakdowns, maintenance tasks, quality concerns and potential customer delivery issues are communicated to the appropriate team in a time sensitive manner.
- Encourage a Health and Safety and Product Quality priority mind-set with active support and encouragement for Team Members to voice their concerns regarding Health and Safety or Product Quality issues.
- Supervision of all direct reports during the shift including the training, coaching, performance managing and mentoring of the team. Provide regular constructive feedback to Team Members.
- Contribute to building and developing multi-skilled high performing teams. Active involvement in the selection and training of production Team Members. Develop a training plan to engage and empower the team to become multi-skilled across the GID department.
- Ensure all Raw Materials, Finished Product and Packaging, are receipted, labelled, stored and/or dispatched accurately and efficiently.
Supervisory Experience is essential. Working hours will be discussed in more detail upon application (no night shift).
If this role is of interest, please apply with an up to date CV
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs