Hardware Engineer (Contract)
Location: East Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: initially 8-12 weeks
Working Hours: 40
Salary: Hourly rate 20.00 to 30.00 DOE
Red Eagle Recruitment are looking to recruit a Hardware Engineer on a contracted basis. Our client is an Electronics Manufacturer based in East Kent. To apply please send an up to date CV and covering letter out lining your experience and achievements.
- Initial 8-12 week contract
- 40 hours per week – hours to be agreed with R&D director.
- Day to day reporting to the senior hardware engineer
Objective of contract:
- Requirement for a re-design of several existing products to deal with component obsolescence.
- Requires schematic update with basic review of existing designs for performance, efficiency and cost out improvement to be carried out.
- Schematic designs then to be converted to final design layouts.
- Work is currently drawn in PADS and will need converting to Altium designer.
- A general review of the existing design for performance, efficiency and cost out improvement to be carried out.
- All of the above will require documented design specification and verification test plan in line with company procedure.
- Opportunity for further work in prototyping and verification testing of the final design based on success of these initial requirements.
- Also further opportunity to work on some other new product designs should this initial work be successful in good time
- Experienced contractor with a breadth of experience in embedded design environments.
- Schematic design and layout skills is the primary skill set required.
- Experience of using Altium designer.
- Experience of using mentor graphics PADS.
- IPC trained/qualified.
Skills that will be of benefit:
- Design and layout of products incorporating sub 1GHz RF cell
- Knowledge of antenna design and interaction with other parts of electrical circuits.
- Experience and knowledge of the requirements of the radio equipment directive (RED)
- Design for low current battery powered embedded products
- Knowledge of battery operation and performance characteristics
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs