Health & Safety Manager
Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Working Hours: 37.5 Monday - Friday
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager to work for our client based in Canterbury.
- Managing the creation and implementation of health and safety management plans.
- Working collaboratively to develop a strong health and safety culture.
- Interpreting legislation and ensuring all health and safety documentation is in place and kept up to date to including policies, procedures, risk assessments and compliance data.
- Developing health and safety capabilities within the staff team.
- Working with services and teams to ensure operational health and safety is well organised and communicated
- Driving health and safety quality standards with a view to attaining ISO 45001
- Coordinating regular health and safety inspections.
- Working collaboratively with services to formally define their teams’ health and safety responsibilities and duties.
- Ensuring appropriate RIDDOR reporting (clinical and non-clinical).
- Analysing data and writing reports and presentations.
- Providing support to operational groups and committees on health and safety risks and issues.
- Developing and implementing health and safety training programmes.
- Facilitating health and safety training.
- Ensuring accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Coordinating health and safety audits.
- Completing audits of external contractors ensuring they are competent and compliant.
- Checking health and safety risks are adequately managed/escalated appropriately.
- Timely participation in all construction and refurbishment projects
- Continuously improving Health and Safety management systems.
- Attending Health and Safety forums and benchmark performance and standards with other organisations.
- You may be required to participate in on-call service provision
- Managing health and safety in a complex environment
- Writing policies and procedures
- Working across a number a multi sited estate
- Creating and implementing plans and co-ordinating others
- Providing health and safety advice on complex issues
- Undertaking detailed health and safety investigations including liaison with enforcing bodies
- Providing health and safety advice on construction and refurbishment projects
- NEBOSH National Diploma (or studying towards) (E)
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (E)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
This Health & Safety Manager role is offered on a temporary basis, expected to run for 3 months. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. Pay is £40,000.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Health & Safety Manager, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs