Health & Safety Officer
Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer to work for our client based in Ashford.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Head of H&S & Risk in the delivery of the Trust H&S responsibilities, including H&S, fire and security and to facilitate compliance with legislation in providing appropriate advice.
- Undertake programmed H&S audits of all departments in order to achieve conformity with the H&S related policies and legal compliance
- Undertake programmed Fire safety audits of all departments in order to achieve conformity with Fire related policies and legal compliance
- Undertake investigations and provide reports as required by the H&S Manager
- To analyse incident/accident reports and identify trends and any areas of concern
- To ensure that all incidents/accidents are reported in line with the company policies
- Provide advice to all departments
- Support the H&S Manager to provide training to all departments on H&S, Fire and Security matters
- Support the H&S Manager in investigations, projects and ensure all departments maintain risk management documentation in an up to date manner
- To attend the site H&S Committee and Site H&S Link Worker meetings
- To maintain effective communications in all aspects of H&S
- Minimum two years’ experience in a H&S and Fire prevention advice role; preferably within a multi-disciplinary organisation
- Experience in fire safety audit and H&S auditing
- NEBOSH General Certificate in H&S (or working towards)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management or equivalent (or working towards)
- City and Guilds 730 Teaching Certificate or equivalent
This Health & Safety Officer role is offered on a temporary basis, expected to run for 3 months. Working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. Pay is £16.48 per hour (equivalent to £30,000 per annum), paid weekly a week in arrears.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Health & Safety Officer, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs