Information Scientist (Project Researcher)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Working Hours: Monday - Friday / Office Hours
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit an Information Scientist (Project Researcher), for our client in Gloucestershire.
Working for a leading Food & Beverage advisory business, your main job purpose will be to provide clients with excellent services in the area of information provision. The Information Scientist helps the organisation and its clients with access to relevant, timely and accurate information using the latest formats and technologies.
- To participate in larger multi-faceted projects with a focus on gathering, disseminating and compiling information.
- Supporting the development of new information services, including ascertaining customer needs and requirements and demonstrating these to clients internal and external.
- Utilising strategic intelligence and information tools to be able to extract information across a range of websites including social media and proprietary databases.
- Participation in the promotion of departmental services internal and external.
- Assisting with technical information enquiries including large research enquiries.
- To support other areas of the information department as required.
- To create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Graduate or Postgraduate level qualification(s) in Information Science accredited by CILIP, or related discipline
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Experience of extracting, summarising and presenting information in a variety of formats
- Excellent understanding and/or practical experience of database, search and information management systems
- Excellent awareness of current information science practice and use of the latest technologies in providing information in the appropriate formats.
- Excellent all-round IT skills including use of information tools
- Ideally, experience of data analytics in areas such as published research and patent information
- Ideally experience of information provision in a commercial, scientific or a membership-based organisation
There will be a requirement for occasional travel to client sites.
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs