Intake Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Location: North Kent
Working Hours: Mon to Fri
Salary: circa 45,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) are looking to recruit an Intake Manager for our Food Manufacturing client in North Kent. to apply please send an up to date CV in a MS Word format.
|PURPOSE OF THE POST:
To ensure an effective and efficient flow of inbound goods traffic from suppliers into site. Raw material receipt, decant and put away across temperature-controlled warehouses within the factory. Delivery of key ingredients to the relevant cook rooms/departments with agreed timescales.
Skills and Career Objectives:
1. Ability to organise team(s) across various shift patterns to achieve collective goals
2. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with suppliers and the customer
3. Career path to Logistics Manager
- To ensure Company standards are maintained through laid down procedures and specifications.
- To work safely in accordance with site and departmental procedures, observing the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and discipline of all staff
- Raise H&S STAR Cards across all Intake/Yard/Packaging Stores areas to required KPI levels
- FLT Pre Start Up checks to completed prior to start of the shift on a daily basis
- Site Spill Kit volumes to be reviewed and replenished – chemical and liquid escalation process to be adhered too
- Yard Waste Handling Area to be managed via segregation thus driving a revenue stream
- SOP’s for the relevant departments requirements to be reviewed and full training to be completed
- Manage the Goods In process across the Intake Department from point of arrival through to delivery to required Cook Room(s) area(s)
- Manage the Goods In process across the Packaging Department from point of arrival through to delivery to required area(s)
- Manage the Yard Department to complete tasks such as waste removal from the factory, recycling waste material in accordance with the business requirement.
- Ensure Intake/Yard Area Inspection Audits are carried out and completed on a weekly basis – in accordance with the site H&S Team expectations
- Arrangement of Food Waste trailer collections and replacement, monitoring usage versus efficiency
- Responsible for monitoring the Factory storage racking condition across the site – arrange repairs and replacements when required
- Review MHE/FLT supplier requirement across the site – implement cost effective/saving measures where required
- Manage the service and maintenance of a fleet 25+ MHE/FLT across the site – investigate measures to reduce damage and service costs
- Manage X3 offsite Frozen stores (Raw material storage) +1000 total capacity – arrangement of inbound traffic and in addition arrangement of outbound traffic to required offsite partner
- Source and review external Frozen raw material cost effective storage solutions
- Liaise with third party logistics partners and arrange for transport of inbound/outbound stock
- Ensure accurate stock management
How to apply:
Back to Jobs
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.