Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Location: East Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year
Working Hours: 40 hours Monday - Friday
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Lead Engineer for our client based in East Kent.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage Process Certification methodologies and initiatives for manufacturing, assembly and procurement operations. The responsibilities will include driving product quality improvements and reducing Turnback, Escapes, and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Coordinate development, maintenance, and interpretation of standard work for manufacturing operations
- Provide training and support the manufacturing and quality teams in applying basic and advanced methods, tools and concepts
- Provide training and support the implementation of PPAP
- Interface as necessary with suppliers on Quality, Process Certification and PPAP
- Drive improvement and standardisation with implementing effective processes that help product teams deliver “robust products”.
- Provide input to the product team on selection and design for manufacturability.
- Feedback and propagate, both, best practices and lessons learned from development teams, COPQ improvements, cost reductions to design processes that improve standard work for Engineering, Operation, and Supply Management.
- Develop, implement, and improve both Operations and Engineering metrics related to Process Certification and Design
- Interface with the Operations and champion Design for Manufacturability and Modularity for the new
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of implementing process control
- Experience of implementation and use of Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement
- Excellent team working and interpersonal
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm, salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
This role will be offered on a temporary on contract basis, and is expected to last no less than 1 year.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Lead Engineer, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Sittingbourne: 01795 519000 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs