Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Legal Cashier to work in a busy law firm in central Canterbury.
- To print and sort transaction instructions sent via e-mail to Accounts Forms
- To accurately input all client/office credits, debits and transfers, with occasional nominal postings;
- To handle all property transactions – checking of completion statements, keying of payments onto Bankline, checking of back-up documents and that all internal procedures have been followed.
- To be the main firm contact point for distribution of payment codes.
- Maintain Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
- To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
- Assist Cashiers Supervisor in weekly Cashiers’ report to ensure all transfers are made within 14 day limit.
- Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required or escalate to Cashiers Supervisor or Finance Manager as appropriate;
- To produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
- Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records;
- Process petty cash reconciliations for all branches;
- Process purchase ledger postings in the absence of the Senior Legal Cashier.
- Assist the Finance Manager with month/year end queries as required.
- To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant;
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement;
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service;
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures;
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very
This Legal Cashier role is offered on a permanent basis. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm paying a salary of up to £20,000 – £23,000 dependent.
To find out more and to be considered for the Legal Cashier role, please apply via your CV today.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs