Legal Secretary/Office Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £20,000 - £21,500 DOE
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary/Office Manager with a background in PI/Criminal Negligence for our client based in Canterbury, Kent.
- Provide full secretarial support to the Director and team; arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing using the digital dictation system;
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner;
- Regular review of client files; liaising with Director on action required;
- Maintain Director’s diary and diary notes and report on these as necessary;
- Liaise with HR Manager to arrange secretarial cover for holiday/sickness when essential;
- Maintain and submit attendance schedule on a monthly basis;
- Assist where possible with minor staff problems; escalating as necessary;
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager with regard to maintenance, office furniture requirements, health and safety issues etc.;
- Report system problems to IT Manager, office cleaning contractor and printer engineers arranging service/support as necessary;
- Introduction of new staff to co-workers and office procedures (health and safety, post, DX etc.)
- Maintain petty cash float;
- Liaise with Landlords in relation to fire drills, weekly alarm tests, building maintenance issues
- Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our customer service
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, paying a salary of £20,000 – £21,500 DOE.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Legal Secretary, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs