Legal Secretary – Private Client (12 month Maternity Cover)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: End of November
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 DOE
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary with a background in Private Client for our client based in Canterbury, Kent.
This is a busy role reporting to the Partner/Head of Department. The successful candidate must have previous legal secretarial experience, preferably in Private Client work and be an extremely organised and efficient person capable of using their initiative.
- Providing full secretarial support for Partner, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system.
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and coordinating Partner’s diary and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Partner on any action required.
- Preparing Client Estate Accounts using Excel.
- Providing administrative support to department team.
- To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
- Compliance with the firm’s accounts and administrative disciplines and procedures.
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service.
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity. My client are looking for someone to start end November ideally for a handover with the present secretary who will be going on maternity leave at Christmas.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, paying a salary of £19,000 – £21,000 DOE.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Legal Secretary, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs