Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Working Hours: 5 days out of 7 - no night shift
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit a Shift Maintenance Engineer, for our client in the Bedfordshire area. There are various shifts available (no night shift).
The main purpose of this role is to carry out planned preventative maintenance and cover electrical or mechanical breakdowns on factory machinery, equipment and services.
Main Duties will include:
- Practice and encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to these high standards.
- To spend as much of the shift as possible based in the production areas in order to support Production Team Members, Production Management and Technical Team Members and to react to issues in a proactive and efficient manner.
- Proactively support the Engineering Manager and Team Leader to deliver a culture change within the department.
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and rectified as quickly as possible and information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner. Ensuring all breakdowns are resolved Right First Time.
- Using the company system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly. Ensure the system is used to its maximum potential with the accurate recording of stock allocation and accurate stock movements inputted into the system.
- Assist the Engineering Team Leader in minimising machine down time by proposing and introducing improved maintenance programmes and continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping ensuring self and team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Proactively aim for 100% audit scores.
- Ensure you follow company-wide policies and procedures.
- Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team.
- Health and Safety focused
- Attention to detail with a “Right First Time” approach
- Innovative able to challenge the status quo
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering background ideally both with an electrical bias
- Able to fault find electrical issues and work with PLCs
- Experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on both Mechanical & Electrical equipment
- Light Welding and Fabrication
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs