Pack & Label Technician (Pharmaceuticals)
Job Type: Temporary
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months
Salary: 37 hours a week
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Pack & Label Technician for our client based in Sandwich, Kent
Our client is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company, which develops and manufactures vaccines and medicines
The purpose of the role is to package clinical trial supplies, utilising packaging batch records and diagrams to primary pack solid dosage forms, and label them, prior to assembly into patient/treatment packs. The Pack & Label Technician will set-up and operate packaging equipment to bottle-fill supplies and work to current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines.
- Set up and operate equipment to perform manual fill of solid dosage forms into primary containers.
- Support packaging operations using semi-automated equipment.
- Label finished dosage forms, e.g. pre-packs, vials, devices, etc and assemble into patient / treatment packs, whilst maintaining the blind of the study.
- Using modules within Clinicopia, fulfil Packaging Requests following the completion of primary and/or secondary packaging operations.
- Accurately complete packaging documentation and internal paper work to support packaging operations.
- Update the local planning schedule with the progress of work and immediately raise issues with the PC that may result in failure to meet timelines.
- Work with Inventory Management and Quality Assurance to co-ordinate and drive the progress of the packaging operation to ensure timelines are met.
- Carry out a completion review of packaging documentation before submission to a PC.
- Support the packaging of stability packaging requests.
- Technical responsibilities – Label Processes
- Print and inspect labels that have been designed and approved within the system.
- Prepare printed labels for shipment to other locations, where applicable.
- Print blinding disclosure sheets following submission of an approved request.
- Monitor usage of label media used for label production.
- Deliver excellent customer service and consistently strive to meet commitments to customers and optimize operational effectiveness.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and support internal GMP audits and GMP facility/process inspections, where applicable.
- Support safety inspections, and work with Global Operations and Inventory Management to address any facility issues.
- Demonstrate a ‘patient focused’ and ‘quality culture’ approach to packaging and labelling operations.
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
- Work placement which has incorporated handling/ dispensing dosage forms, e.g. retail or hospital pharmacy.
- Relevant industry experience: working to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Experience of primary and secondary packaging in a GMP environment.
- Label production experience.
- Experience using Clinicopia or other relevant software.
- Experience working in a Clinical supply chain.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, working 37 hours a week Monday to Friday. This is paying a salary of £20,935.
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Pack & Label Technician, please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs