Part Time Legal Cashier
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 21 hours/3 days a week
Salary: £20 - 23,000 DOE
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Part Time Legal Cashier to work in a busy law firm in central Canterbury.
- To print and sort transaction instructions sent via e-mail to Accounts Forms
- To accurately input all client/office credits, debits and transfers, with occasional nominal postings;
- To handle all property transactions – checking of completion statements, keying of payments onto Bankline, checking of back-up documents and that all internal procedures have been followed.
- To be the main firm contact point for distribution of payment codes.
- Maintain Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
- To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
- Assist Cashiers Supervisor in weekly Cashiers’ report to ensure all transfers are made within 14 day limit.
- Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required or escalate to Cashiers Supervisor or Finance Manager as appropriate;
- To produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
- Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records;
- Process petty cash reconciliations for all branches;
- Process purchase ledger postings in the absence of the Senior Legal Cashier.
- Assist the Finance Manager with month/year end queries as required.
- To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
- To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant;
- To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement;
- To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our client service;
- To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures;
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very
This Legal Cashier role is offered on a permanent basis. Working hours are 21 Horus a week, across 3 days one of which would need to be a Friday. paying a pro-rata’d salary of up to £20,000 – £23,000 dependent on experience.
To find out more and to be considered for the Legal Cashier role, please apply via your CV today.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs