Part Time Legal Secretary (Commercial Property)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 21 hours a week
Salary: £19,500 to £20,500 DOE
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Part Time Legal Secretary, to work within the Commercial Property Team for our client based in Canterbury, Kent.
As a Legal Secretary you will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Family Law team. Whilst experience within Family Law would be advantageous, we would consider applicants with proven legal experience within a different sector.
- Providing full support to the Partner and department, dealing with client queries, preparation of correspondence and documents both self generated and by transcription of digital dictation.
- File administration including opening/closing/archiving client files in a timely manner, photocopying, filing etc.
- Assisting with all aspects of commercial sale and purchase transactions including ordering and investigating searches, official copies and Companies House documents, dealing with exchange and completion.
- Producing documents such as lease extensions, deeds, completion statements and Land Registry forms.
- Handling Stamp Duty Land Tax requirements including calculations, submissions and payments.
- Liaising with clients and agents as necessary.
- Maintaining and coordinating Partner’s diary appointments and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Partner on any action required.
- Support the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX
Specialist Skills/ Ability/Knowledge:
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Outlook (Professional) gained in a working environment, preferably the legal industry
- Accurate in producing good quality correspondence
- Proficient audio typist
- Familiar with transcription via Digital Dictation (desirable)
This is a permanent position, working 21 hours/three days per week. Initially working hours would be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday/Friday. However, they are looking for someone who can be flexible with their working days.
Salary range £19,500 – £20,500 doe (pay review May 2020)
To find out more and to be considered for the role of Legal Secretary (Commercial Property), please apply via your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Sittingbourne: 01795 519000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs