Working Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
Salary: £28,000 - £34,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit a QA Manager, for our client in Middlesex.
Working for a leading manufacturer of desserts who supply to the travel industry, this is a great time to join a business that has achieved substantial growth in recent years.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers’ and government regulations.
- Issue and maintain customers’ specifications, labels, and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain specifications of all finished product standards.
- Respond to customer complaints, liaising with Senior Managers as necessary.
- Lead the QA team, ensuring the product is checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required.
- Work with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- Ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients ‘suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- Ensure Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, temporary agency compliance and QA manual compliance
- Works with export agencies in international shipment compliance and documentation
- Confident handling of customers own representative requirements
- Overseas and maintains standards from Contract Cleaning company
- Production laboratory sample organisation and analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Food Science Graduate or equivalent qualifications is advantageous
- Must have experience of and a good technical knowledge of a range food safety requirements
- Excellent leadership skills with the confidence to use their authority to ensure full compliance by factory personnel of all relevant food safety and technical requirements
- Proven organisational skills
- Diplomatic firm nature
This is a Monday – Friday role with working hours of 7am – 4pm.
If this role is the next step for you, please apply with an up to date CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs