QA Section Leader
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Location: East Kent
Working Hours: 5 days out of 7, various shifts available
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit a QA Section Leader for our client in Kent.
Working for one of the leading fresh produce companies in Kent, you will be responsible for operational colleagues and ensuring correct standards are met and customer specifications are adhered to within the factory environment.
Main Duties will include:
- To coordinate the team’s daily activities to ensure optimum resource planning and a fully motivated competent workforce with the QA Manager.
- To take corrective action where necessary and conduct work in a proactive manner.
- To develop mentor and train QA Team and Production Team members to a high standard in order that they are proficient in all aspects of their role and can assist in the creation and maintenance of a Total Quality Management culture.
- To monitor key elements of the quality process such as product wastage, report detail/accuracy, giveaway and sorting levels on a daily basis.
- Feedback finished product integrity and condition on an ongoing basis to the production team in line with the Customer Specification, providing detailed information as to cases checked and defect levels as applicable.
- Liaise with QA and Production Management teams on a daily basis with regards to final product quality and where corrective actions are necessary to improve future production.
- Assist in preparation of site, staff and systems for audits and visits.
Key Skills Required:
- Preferably two year’s prior experience within a quality related function in fresh produce.
- Ability to work flexibly, both independently and as part of a close-knit team in order to deliver accurate and thorough QA services in the business.
- Ability to understand and interpret specification and use as a basis for routine decision making and actions.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- A determined and flexible outlook, able to communicate with confidence at all levels both internally and externally
A 40 hour working week across 7 days; various shifts are available.
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs