Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Working Hours: Various shifts available
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is currently looking to recruit a QA Technician for our client in Kent.
Working for one of the leading fresh produce companies in Kent, you will be responsible for providing a flexible, efficient and effective Quality Assurance service for the business ensuring products, systems and processes comply with all due diligence and quality standards.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Review produce against quality specifications, recording details and taking samples of all incoming produce. Check and record transport conditions and report any non-compliance issues.
- Feedback finished product integrity and condition on an ongoing basis to the production team in line with the Customer Specification, providing detailed information as to cases checked and defect levels as applicable.
- Provide advice as required to the production team in order to ensure that Customer Specification is met in full.
- Liaise with QA and Production Management teams on a daily basis with regards to final product quality and where corrective actions are necessary to improve future production.
- Assist in preparation of site, staff and systems for audits and visits.
- Check the quality of all shelf-life samples over a defined period. Check and record changes to weight, colour and condition, recording details on the database. Any issues such as incorrect labelling or quality defects to be reported to the Quality Assurance Manager for urgent action.
- The completion of compliance checks such as Glass Control, Sensor Checks and Equipment Calibrations.
- Ability to work flexibly, both independently and as part of a close knit team in order to deliver accurate and thorough QA services in the business.
- Ability to understand and interpret specification and use as a basis for routine decision making and actions.
- A determined and flexible outlook, able to communicate with confidence at all levels both internally and externally
- Ideally, at least one year’s prior experience within a quality related function in fresh produce.
A 40 hour working week across 7 days; various shifts are available.
If you are interested, please apply with an up to date CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs