Senior Production Operative (Nights)
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: Monday - Friday 10pm - 6am
Salary: £12.25 per hour
Red Eagle Recruitment (AGY) is looking to recruit a Senior Production Operative on behalf of our client, based in Ashford.
The purpose of this role is to support the Team Leader – Shift Manager with the efficient running of the line or designated task. As a senior production operative your role will incorporate supervisory responsibilities, along with being a Health & Safety Champion and a Good Manufacturing Practice Champion.
- Can do attitude – leads by example and takes a hands on approach.
- Work closely with other teams and departments to maximise task efficiency.
- Train – coach and monitor the performance and compliance of Production Operatives & Agency Staff.
- Champion continuous improvement in the factory including Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Good communication at all levels using verbal and written methods.
- Achieve Line and personal KPI’s
- Ensure and maintain quality of the product.
- Eliminate Non-conformances (Job right first time).
- Clearly understand who the customers are both internal and external.
- See and implement opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.
- Constantly strive to increase operational performance.
- Good working knowledge of the routine machine operations of the line equipment.
- Optimize Line efficiency whilst maintaining and improving standards.
- Liaise with the Engineering on preventative maintenance and breakdowns to minimise the down time of equipment
- Responsible for minding machines in the absence of the Team Leader.
- Operating electric counterbalance fork lift truck within a factory environment.
- Must have existing counterbalance fork lift licence.
- Leading a small team.
- Analytical skills, including completion of documentation.
- Computer literate.
- Hands on approach.
- Elements of the role are physically demanding.
This is a permanent role. Working hours are Monday – Friday 10pm – 6am. Paying an hourly rate of £12.25.
To find out more, and be considered for the Senior Production Operative role, please apply with your CV.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Sittingbourne: 01795 519000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs