Transport Operations Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
Location: North Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 40
Red Eagle (AGY) are working alongside a well established Produce Distribution Organisation with a network within North Kent
Our Client is looking for a experienced Transport Operations Manager .
A CPC holder. (National & International) is essential.
- You will be Reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure communication throughout the operation
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture.
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs.
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to each customer.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the operator’s license.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensuring financial performance is within budget.
- To participate in commercial reviews with the Senior Management.
You will need to be
- Experienced of working within a fast pace logistics environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, establish effective communication with customer organisations and internal.
- influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experienced in developing customer relationships.
- Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both open/ closed book operations
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations.
- The business operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
- A CPC holder. (National & International)
- Own Transport owing to location.
The role is based mainly in Darenth, on occasions you may be required to work in Paddock Wood.
For further information on this vacancy please contact:
Folkestone: 01303 851 133 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job reference and attach a recent CV if available.
Back to Jobs